Saturday, October 11, 2014

Marriage Challange

The secret to being a military family raising a child with special needs.  Well, Jesus, not a secret and   Work hard on your marriage! 


These faces say it all.  Nate is SO EXCITED I finally agreed to go shooting and even suggested it for date night after securing a surprise babysitter.  I am terrified to walk into the gun range just behind me. 


I am not passionate about guns.  On the contrary, I have been purposely avoiding them and I am mostly in denial about the guns living in my own home.  However, I am passionate about my marriage.  I wanted to do something special for Nate and even out of my comfort zone.  When I say "out of my comfort zone" I mean it!  I was nervous, jumpy, timid... I did not feel safe.  
  

This is my first of many bulls eyes.  I am actually pretty great at shooting hand guns, who knew?! 

So this is my challenge to you my married friends.  Do something special for your spouse this upcoming week.  Go all out, blow their socks off, be their best friend, be purposeful and adventurous.  If you feel like you don't have the time (I feel you) you probably need this the most.  

Let me know what you come up with.  You'll be so glad you did. 


This is us, safe and sound at Zola, listening to live music after shooting.  This happy, happy guy said "My love tank is overflowing!", "That was the best date of my life" and "Now I know what I want for my birthday from now on!" 

Spend time, energy and money on your marriage, it's crazy important!  

No comments:

Post a Comment