Monday, November 4, 2013

#1 Saying I'm sorry, then how can I help?

Okay my peeps, I really don't want to miss out on the blog this year.  I'm going to give it my best effort.  How about 21 posts for Down Syndrome Awareness AKA Trisomy 21 (not consecutive days or during Down Syndrome month)?  We do the best we can, right. 

#1 Saying I'm sorry, then how can I help?


 Look how big these beautiful girls are, wow! Makenna 4, Alice 2, Claire 7


My favorite thing is when they play together!  It fills this Mama's heart like nothing else to hear "I'm squishing up my baby bumble bee..." belted out on the other end of the house. "...Oh, Claire ate it! Claire, we don't eat bugs, yuck! Bring home your baby bumble bee..."


Play, play, play, play, crash is usually how it goes.  Nothing quite like calming down three hysterical little girl. It kind of makes you want to laugh and cry at the same time.  Laugh because it's so ridiculous that was are in full blown hysterics over an imaginary bumble bee being eaten and cry, I don't know why, hormones maybe?  Groups of three or more crying girls are like a black hole of tears.  


Claire loves anything with music.  Her favorite TV show is PBS's Daniel Tiger.  It's an updated Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.  Every episode has a little song that teaches a lesson.  I LOVE THEM. Yes, love, we sing them all the time.  "Stop and listen to stay safe," magical I tell you, just magical.  Alice sings a mean "When you have to go potty stop and go right away! Flush and wash and be on your way." Makenna uses "thank you for everything you doooooo, thank you." "Saying I'm sorry, then how can I help?" has been so helpful for Claire on those ate Makenna's imaginary bumble bee kind of days.




Because I to need to learn preschool lessons I've been thinking of "saying I'm sorry, then how can I help" a lot lately. What a great habit to get into!  This should probably become mandatory in my apologies to my ever forgiving husband Nate.  I will admit there have been some less then genuine sorries over the years.  Nate is so good at apologizing.  I need a little more Daniel Tiger in my life.





And when you are feeling sad hanging out with Olive (our 70 lb. 6 month old puppy) in her cone of shame will always put life back into perspective.  It's not that bad, poor Olive.







P.S. Don't forget to this is about answering questions and spreading awareness so ask questions if you want to here about anything, 20 installments left.  Thank you for your support.  Every smily face is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment