Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I See You

Once I was afraid that the world wouldn't see Claire as beautiful, that all they would see would be Down syndrome.  Over time she has become so beautiful to me.  I love her so much; she is so uniquely Claire, all I see is beauty.



I wish you could know all the amazing, beautiful, funny, smart people we have met who have Down syndrome.  



It’s funny, when I first saw them I noticed what they had in common but now I see... 


The way his mother's smile lights up her face, 

Someone to laugh with,



Someone to hug,


 A friend to help her out...

I don't see Down syndrome. 




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! Way to make me cry at work this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I love this!!!! It is funny how the very thing that stood out SO much when they were little is now the last thing we notice!

    ReplyDelete