Sunday, October 28, 2012

Breakfast with Champions and Young Athletes

We went to the breakfast with champions this month, a fundraiser for Special Olympics at the Davenport hotel.  They were highlighting the young athletes program my amazing friend Mary Timm Mueller started up here in Spokane.  I cried from beginning to end because it was just that awesome.  Loretta Claiborne was the guest speaker and did an amazing job.  Loretta is an athlete who is inspiring, strong, and a woman of faith.  Her list of accomplishments is astounding1 and I could go on but here is a link of her speaking after a race. 


"God is my strength and Special Olympics is my joy"
"I'd rather have a silver mettle with a good time then a gold with a bad time." 
(she broke her personal bast a 46 years old, beautiful heart) 
-Loretta Claiborne 



 Benjamin and his mom, Mary Timm



I was looking back on how little the girls were when we started young athletes.
This is now our third October there. 
Claire 3, Makenna 1 


We start with worming up and singing. 
Hockie-pockie

Claire playing hopscotch with her brace, impressive.



Claire and her buddy Marie 

If you are interested in young athletes we welcome volunteers and athletes.  Competing is totally free, cute shirt included.  We meet at the West Central Community Center here is Spokane from 10:15-11 every  second and fourth Saturday mornings.  Children up to seven years old of all abilities are welcome.  Siblings can join in on the fun as well.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I always forget about this. We need to bring Beau back!! I will write it on my calendar!!

    ReplyDelete