Monday, October 3, 2011

God Made Poop

Makenna skips alongside the stroller, ankle deep in overgrown grass, the copper in her hair shining.  "God made the sun and turns it off at night Mom."  she grins at me, knowing how darn cute I would think her observation.  I looks at Nate, "who told her that?"  He shrugs a solder to tell me my guess is as good as his. "God made the sun," Makenna goes on "God made... poop!" she squeals, dodging a fresh pile of doggy dodo.  We all laugh.

Parenting, what a privilege and a greater challenge I doubt I will ever find.  One thing weighing on my mind constantly is who these beautiful girls will become and how I teach them will translate into tomorrow.

My prayer for my little women:
Matthew 5:14 "You are the light of the world.  A city on a hill cannot be hidden.  Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand and it gives light to all in the house.  In the same way let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."

When I look at Claire, all bright eyed and smiling at a complete stranger, I think this is how it should be.  To share love so freely.  To love people with no reservations.  This is who God has made her to be.  My little lamp.




1 comment:

  1. Love the prayer, love the post , love the pics!!!!! :))))

    ReplyDelete