Monday, June 20, 2011

Adventure B

Claire will never be four again, Makenna two or Alice the big, blue eyed baby.  This is our life to share together and I don't want to waist one moment in self pity.  Only a few weeks left and I have finally stopped expecting to freak out.  Sadly, I was anticipating some kind of major melt down which did not occur.  We are almost done with the deployment!  Thinking back on it, I hear that still, small voice telling me "I am enough for you, even you and three little girls."

I am so grateful for some wonderful women constantly reminding me to look outside of my situation.  Mother's day could have been a total let down because, lets face it, the Dads kind of do it when the kids are little, but the girls and I made treats for some special moms and delivered them on mother's day.  It was a wonderful day.  I kept hearing "good choice Tami!" just like I would tell Claire when she is being nice to her sister :)

It's like a choose your adventure book every day. Chapter one, I wake up very tired but the girls are awake so ready or not, here comes the day.
Adventure A.  Spend the morning trying to rest in the house. Turn to page 6 (outcome: board, destructive, disobedient, children and a very tired, cranky mom.)
Adventure B.  Get everyone bathed, fed and clothed.  Go do something fun! Turn to page 8 (outcome: enthusiastic, entertained children who will sleep great and a tired, happy mom.)

Not a complicated concept but sometimes it's a huge battle to choose adventure B and have a great day.  All I have to do is think of others, not hard, right?  There are so many things to do; make a care package for Nate, paint with Makenna, take Claire to feed the ducks, visit my in-laws, make a meal for a family in need, go on a walk with a friend.

In the spirit of Adventure B, some pictures from this morning.


 Lunch in the yard after our first sprinkler run of the season.


Jelly!


Wink 



Sweet baby 


Stole Mom's gardening gloves

"...let each consider others better than himself. Let each of you look not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others."  Philippians 2:4

No comments:

Post a Comment