Monday, May 9, 2011

A Soldier


"God's will for your life is where your great passion and the world's great need meet."

I can't remember who said it but it sticks with me.  Nate's job is so much a part of God's calling in his life.  Today, I need to remind myself.  I married a champion, a hero, a guardian.  His passion is to protect and bring justice. He is faithful, honorable, a leader.  Being a soldier is so much more than what he does.  It is a part of what drives him.  God has place in his heart a fire, who am I to put it out?

"No greater love is there then to lay down your life for a friend."  I remember who said that.  I love you Nate.

1 comment:

  1. I love that quote, its Frederick Buechner. I read it in The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns but couldn't remember who said it so I had to look it up! Thanks, Google!

    ReplyDelete