Sunday, May 29, 2011

Nate's Memorial Day Remembrance

Memorial day Remembrance 
by: Nate Leitz 

“The LORD is my Shepherd; I shall not want.
HE makes me lie down in green pastures.
HE leads me besides still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me in the path of righteousness for HIS name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil for you are with me; your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

You prepare the table before me in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever.”
Ps 23

Today is the 29th of May. The day before Memorial Day and I am yet again separated from my family. Tami and I have been married for 6 years come June and we have always managed to be apart for either Memorial Day or Veteran's day. Right now I am deployed to the desert half a world from the people I love most. Today I am one of those people serving our country in a distant land. I have always tried to remember our country's service men and women in my prayers, especially on Memorial and Veteran's day. To remember men and women of the past, present and future who will fight to defend and even give their lives to protect what they love. And now this year, I am one of those people serving our country in a distant land.

God gave me the opportunity to go and participate in a Fallen Warrior Ceremony today. To be a part of the ceremony and salute as they unloaded and loaded the flag draped boxes of three service members who are going home to their families for the last time. Life is so fragile and we don't know when our lives on this earth may end.

Please pray for our service members and their families that they may find and know Jesus.
Today has changed my life. Please let it change yours also.
Reflect on all God has blessed you with and give thanks

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Nate for what you are doing for all of us. May God bless you and keep you well, may He bring you safely back to your family, and may He keep you in His hands and watch over you when no one else can

    ReplyDelete