Monday, March 14, 2011

No Small Things

Every morning I wake up to the sound of beloved sisters playing together in their room. "Claire, Kenna change your diaper, lay down please."  Makenna is such a little Mommy! "Dust, dust, dust" Claire sings to herself as she
cleans up her room with a dried out baby wipe leftover from yesterday's fun.

I feed the baby before releasing the little girls, cherishing my alone time with the burrito of pink blankets.  I breath in her sweet smell, reminding myself how fleeting these moments are.  She falls back to sleep and I gently place her in the same bassinet so many blessings have found refuge in.

Opening the door to a "good morning Mommy!" greeting, the girls run over anticipating the big decision, what is for breakfast.  As long as one ingredient is peanut butter they are satisfied.  We sing songs as we eat our "toast, toast, I like it a lot.  Toast, toast, when will it pop?"

It's a perfect morning.  There are no little things, no insignificant moments.  The seemingly small are brush strokes of a larger picture.  The work of art that forms my life, the lives of these beautiful girls.  Every moment is in the maker's hands.

2 comments:

  1. Tami, love reading your stories about the girls. Will be praying for you as you face another deployment. Jenese & I ran into Nate for a few minutes in Spokane a couple of weeks ago. Such a great daddy!! I'm sure the separations are hard on him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, we appreciate the prayers so much!

    ReplyDelete