Thursday, October 28, 2010

I Need You!

Yesterday I ran into a gal from high school I haven't seen in a good ten years.  Through the conversation she eventually figured out that my oldest is adopted and has Down Syndrome.  Typically this happens, "WOW" she says and is ready to nominate me for saint hood or at least parent of the year.  If only she knew how embarrassed I was just hours before at another friends house.  Claire refused to behave herself.  I would go to take her from time out and ask "are you ready to listen to Mommy?" "NO" she replies... three consecutive time outs later and I just didn't ask her and yes, she went right back to doing the naughty thing that got her put in time out to begin with.  Ahhhhhhh!

We are so so so far from having this whole thing figured out.  We are ordinary people blessed with AWESOME SUPPORT.  It's all I can do some days just to keep some level of calm and that I sometimes fail at.

I take my friends for granted so often and don't give them the credit they deserve.  We couldn't do this without you!  A friend of mine asked me for a list of "close friends and family."  It was amazing how quickly it multiplies into over 30 people.  I sat back and looked at their names, your names. I am so blessed!  God has given us such wonderful people to love and support us.  But more than that you challenge me and  keep me accountable for my selfish ways.  I love you friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment